Senior Health Care Services
Denetra Gary, LCSW-C, LICSW, is a case manager at Specialty Care Services. In this rewarding role, Ms. Gary coordinates care for patients served by Montgomery County’s Dept. of Aging and Disabilities, Home Care Division.
After receiving her Master of Social Work with a concentration in Gerontology in 2011 from Howard University, Ms. Gary spent several years working in Hospice Care. While in this field Ms. Gary’s passion for geriatric care deepened, particularly in helping elderly patients maintain order in the different stages and areas of their lives. In addition to this, Ms. Gary also has a passion for organization in which she helps clients bring order to their internal and external environment. Ms. Gary is licensed in Maryland and Washington, D.C.
Ms. Gary has been a Montgomery County resident for over 6 years. When she’s not busy helping patients, Ms. Gary likes to volunteer in her church. She also enjoys reading, cooking, singing and baking.
- Conduct care planning assessments
- Screen, arrange, and monitor home care services
- Review financial, legal, or other issues and offer referral information
- Provide family intervention services
- Act as liaison to families out-of-town
- Escort clients to medical appointments
- Assist with arrangements for “move-ins” to facilities
- Provide family counseling and support
What are the benefits?
- Access to personalized services that meet the specific needs of each client
- Assistance provided for long-term caregivers
Who uses Care Managers?
- Senior Housing Communities
- Social Service Providers
How are fees covered?
- Private Pay (generally not covered by insurance)