Geriatric Care Management
Alorin Harris, LCSW-C, has obtained much valuable experience in the field of Social Work since receiving her MSW from the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. in 1986. After holding social work positions in a hospital, for child Welfare Services and in private practice, Ms. Harris realized that her main interest was in helping members of the the elderly population achieve the best possible quality of life, while maintaining their dignity and ability to live safely and comfortably in the least restrictive environment.
In 2010, Ms. Harris obtained a Post Master’s Certificate in Geriatric Care Management. She began working as a Case Manager at Specialty Care Services in Dec. 2010, providing care coordination for clients served by the Montgomery County Dept. of Aging and Disabilities Home Care Division. This has been an extremely rewarding and fulfilling career choice for Ms. Harris.
A lifelong resident of Montgomery County, Ms. Harris currently resides with her family in Darnestown, Md. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, building dollhouses, antiquing, and refinishing and hand painting furniture.
- Conduct care planning assessments
- Screen, arrange and monitor home care services
- Review financial, legal or other issues and offer referral information
- Provide family intervention services
- Act as liaison to families out-of-town
- Escort clients to medical appointments
- Assist with arrangements for “move-ins” to facilities
- Provide family counseling and support
What are the benefits?
- Access to personalized services that meet specific needs of each client
- Assistance provided for long-term caregivers
Who uses Care Managers?
- Social Service Providers
- Senior Housing Communities
How are fees covered?
- Private Pay (generally not covered by insurance)